A Site Devoted to Creative Clothesmaking and Homemade Housewears

Here's to reviving the (somewhat) forgotten craft of sewing.

August 14, 2011

My Grandmother Gifted Me This Pattern


Hello! So I'm starting a vintage pattern that my grandmother found for me at the antique shop next door to her real estate agency in Western Maine, near Sugarloaf mountain. I found the pattern layout to be very unhelpful, due to the fact that the print on my fabric runs like stripes in one direction. I had to rework the layout, which took about an hour and a half.

Here you can see that I have a helpful pattern weight, perfect for keeping me from being able to sell my creations to those with allergies. Thanks, Orchid!


At this point, I needed two pattern weights.


If only I had a giant craft room with a huge cutting table. As much as I love them, no cats would be allowed in there!

I cut the pieces out in about a half hour, with my new Gingher dressmaker's shears! On sale for half off! They're definitely worth it. If you're thinking about upgrading a pair of fabric scissors, go for the Ginghers. Use a Joann's coupon if they aren't on sale or within reason. They have an app now with coupons for both android and iphone. Amazon sometimes has good deals, too.


Dave and I are going to get ready for dinner and a movie, nice to do on a Sunday night. I'll add some more updates once I have more done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?