A Site Devoted to Creative Clothesmaking and Homemade Housewears

Here's to reviving the (somewhat) forgotten craft of sewing.

July 25, 2011

10 year reunion dress


Here it goes, my first entry! "Ahem":

I just got a serger a few weeks ago and am just enamored with it! I can make so many more dresses with knit fabrics, and the patterns are so much easier!

So, my 10 year high school reunion is coming up fast!

I ordered this amazing fabric for my dress. It's from Japan. Nani Iro Spring 2011 knit. As someone who loves the look of a light blue with a splash of red, I also ordered some vintage lace to go on the major horizontal seams.


I'm crazy excited but very nervous to cut it!

The dress will be one shoulder, with empire waist and gathered skirt.

I hope i don't ruin the fabric! Wish me luck!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?